Highway tolls are introduced in Slovakia in a similar way as in neighbouring countries. The stamp is required when driving on motorways, but also on some expressways. The passage of vehicles over 3.5 tonnes is charged by a toll system and the price depends on the vehicle category. Motorcycles are free on the motorways.
Variants and prices of vignettes
|validity of the vignette||vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes||vehicles over 3.5 tonnes|
|10 days||10 EUR||pay tolls|
|30 days||14 EUR||pay tolls|
|annual||50 EUR||pay tolls|
Where to buy a vignette?
As in the Czech Republic, the vignette can be bought in several different places, including online. The points of sale are marked with the eznamka logo, usually petrol stations.
Toll for vehicles over 3.5 tonnes is provided on the basis of a contract and the installation of the toll system directly into the vehicle’s dashboard. The amount of the fee is set according to the distance travelled, but also the emission class and weight of the vehicle.
Sections charged with a vignette:
- D1 Bratislava, Vajnory – Hrič. Podhradie ● 173 km
- D1 Dubná Skala – Turany ● 17 km
- D1 Ivachnova – Prešov, West – 143 km
- D1 Prešov, Petrovany – Budimir – 20 km
- D2 Brodské (SK/CZ) – Bratislava, Lamač – 55 km
- D2 Bratislava, Jarovce – Čunovo (SK/HU) – 9 km
- D3 Hričovské Podhradie – Žilina, Strážov – 9 km
- D4 Jarovce (SK/AT) – Bratislava, Jarovce – 2 km
- R1 Trnava – Ban. Bystrica, Kremnička – 158 km
- R1A Nitra, West – Nitra, Kynek – 2 km
- R2 Lovčica, Trubín – Žiar nad Hronom – 5 km
- R2 Zvolen, West – Zvolen, Centrum – 3 km
- R2 Zvolen, East – Kriváň – 18 km
- R4 Košice, South – Milhost (SK/HU) – 14 km
- R6 Puchov, Juh – Dolné Kočkovce – 1 km
Map of toll motorways: https://www.ndsas.sk/stavby/dialnicna-siet